- B.F.A. - Tyler School of Art, Philadelphia, Pa.
- M.F.A. - University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Mn.
- 2018 - Doug Navarra at the Woodstock Art Museum, Woodstock, N.Y.
- 2014 - "Douglas Navarra" , Art Miami, Sandra Gering Gallery, NYC
- 2013 - "Marking Time" - Manifest Gallery, Cincinnati, Ohio
- 2013 - "New Work", AKAR Gallery, Iowa City, Iowa
- 2010 - "Telegram Drawings", Locust Grove Estate of Samuel Morse, Poughkeepsie, NY
- 2009 - "Marking Time", Recent Drawings, OK Harris Gallery, NYC, NY
- 2007 - "New Work" – Illinois Central College, Performing Arts Gallery, East Peroria, Illinois
- 2006 - "Marking Time", Recent Drawings, Gilles Gallery, Eastern Kentucky University
- 2005 - "Marking Time", Recent Drawings, Radford University, Virginia
- 1992 - "Douglas Navarra" - Recent Sculpture, The Robert Lehman Gallery, Urban Glass Workshop, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- 1986 - "Douglas Navarra", New Work Exhibition, Oktabec Gallery, Los Angeles, California
- 1983 - "Douglas Navarra", New Work, Oktabec Gallery, Los Angeles, California
Selected Group Exhibitions:
- "Bye, Bye, Winter Blues", Jessica Hagen Fine Art, Newport, Rhode Island
- 17th Annual Tokyo-New York Friendship Ceramic Competition, Nippon Gallery, NYC
- Strictly Functional 2018 - National Jury of Utilitarian Ceramics, Market House Craft Center, Lancaster, PA
- "Flower Power", Jessica Hagen Fine Art, Newport, Rhode Island
- Artists as Innovators, 25 NYFA recipients, SUNY New Paltz, Stone Ridge, N.Y
- Fight or Flight - The Painting Center, N.Y.C., N.Y.
- Drawing Sound - Kleinert Art Gallery, Woodtock/Byrdcliffe Guild, Woodstock, N.Y.
- Strictly Functional - National Jury of Utilitarian Ceramics, Market House Craft Center,Lancaster, Pa.
- "Far and Wide", 8th Annual Exhibition, Woodstock Art Museum (Spanier Award), Woodstock, N.Y.
- "Shimmering Substance: Selections from the Pollock-Krasner Foundation Grantees of the Hudson Valley", Kleinert/James Gallery at the Woodstock Byrdcliffe Guild, Woodstock,N.Y
- "16th Annual Tokyo-New York Friendship Ceramic Competition", Nippon Gallery, NYC
- "Honorable Mention Award"
- "San Angelo National Ceramic Exhibition", San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts, San Angelo Texas
- Laws of Nature / Dreams of Man - Marta Hewitt Gallery, Cincinnati, Ohio
- "Chronoscape" - Kingston Museum of Contemporary Art, Kingston, N.Y.
- "5th Annual Clay National", Workhouse Arts Center, Lorton, Virginia
- "Working It Out" - The Painting Center, NYC, NY.
- "2013 Biennial" - Red Lodge Clay Art Center, Montana
- "Yunomi 2013", AKAR Gallery, Iowa City, Iowa
- "Thirteenth Annual 5 x 7 Show", Kleinert/James Gallery at the Woodstock Byrdcliffe Guild, Woodstock, N.Y
- "Yunomi 2012", AKAR Gallery, Iowa City, Iowa
- "Thinking Big" - Recent Acquisitions in the Collection of the Brooklyn Museum
- "Yunomi 2011", AKAR Gallery, Iowa City, Iowa
- "Passionate Fire" Ceramics at Hudson Beech Gallery, Beacon, NY
- Open Studios - Museum of Arts and Design, NYC, NY
- "Mid Atlantic Juried" , Hoyt Institute Fine Arts, Pa. (Award)
- LaGrange National XXIV - Chattahoochee Valley Art Museum, LaGrange, Ga. (Honorable Mention)
- "Poetic Images" - Western Oregon University, Campbell Hall Gallery, Monmouth, Oregon
- "On / Of Paper" - Kirkland Art Center, Clinton, N.Y.
- "7th Shippensburg University National Exhibition", Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
- "The 39th Juried Exhibition", The Parrish Art Museum, Southampton, New York
- Positive/Negative 20, Slocumb Galleries, E.Tennessee State Univ.
- "Combined Talents", Florida State University Museum, Florida
- American Drawing Biennial 8, Muscarelle Museum of Art, College William & Mary, Williamsburg,Virginia
- "Mark the Line", Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond, La
- "Black, White, & Read All Over", Drawings, Impact Art Gallery, Tri-Main Center, Buffalo, N.Y.
- "Contemporary Drawing 04", Ruskin Mill, Old Bristol Rd. Nailsworth, United Kingdom
- "Interplay" - Katherine E. Nash Gallery, Univ. of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Mn.
- Small Works Invitational - Soho 20 Art Gallery, N.Y.C. New York
- Longbeach National Drawing Exhibition, Longbeach, Ca
- "Literarcy" , Provo City Library at Academy Sq, Provo, Utah
- "Juried Exhibition", Soho 20 Art Gallery, N.Y.C. New York
- "Geometry's", The Hudson Opera House, Hudson, N.Y.
- "4th Annual" - Shippensburg University, Shippensburg, Pa.
- Works from "Selected Artists", The Drawing Center, N.Y.C.
- "The Florida National", Museum of Fine Arts, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fla.
- "The 29th Annual Juried Competition", Masur Museum of Art, Monroe, Louisiana
- "National Drawing 2002", College of New Jersey, Ewing, New Jersey
- "The Mark", Hera Gallery, Hera Educational Foundation, Providence, R.I.
- "Americas 2000 Paperworks", Northwest Art Center, Minot State Univ, N. Dakota
- "Pieces", Gallery 128, Rivingington St, NYC